- 1 slice of prosciutto crudo
- 1 egg (preferably from pasture-raised chickens)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of heavy cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line one ramekin with a slice of prosciutto – it’s okay if some of it drapes over the edges
- Crack the egg into the prosciutto-lined ramekin.
- Add a teaspoon of heavy cream (if using).cream in baked egg cups paleo
- Add a dash of black pepper and a sprinkle of chopped chives.
- Place ramekin(s) on a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes to finish the cooking process.