- 2 farm fresh pastured** eggs
- 2 cups light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon fine celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine the eggs, vinegar, salt, mustard (if using) and cayenne (if using) in a blender*** and pulse a few times until frothy.
- With the blender running, add the olive oil a little at a time – almost drop by drop at first – until an emulsion starts to form.
- Continue adding the rest of the oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Add more salt or other ingredients to taste.
- Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.