- 1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage (pasture-raised, organic if possible)
- 1 dozen eggs
- ghee, coconut oil or other fat of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crumble and brown the pork sausage in a frying pan or cast iron skillet.
- In a medium/large bowl scramble one dozen large eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease the cups of one muffin tin with oil.
- Place equal amounts of browned sausage in the bottoms of the muffin tins.
- Pour the scrambled eggs evenly on top of the sausage. The mixture will come almost to the top of the tin.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen the egg muffin from the sides of the pan. (They came out pretty cleanly for us.)