- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 2 medium raw beets
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash and core the cabbage
- peel the carrots and beets with a vegetable peeler.
- Using a food processor, with the slicing disc in place, process the cabbage and transfer to a large bowl.
- Install the shredding disc and process the carrots and beets and transfer to the bowl.
- Install the chopping blade and process the parsley and transfer to the bowl.
- Thinly slice the red onion and add to the bowl.
- Combine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk until salt dissolves.
- Toss vinaigrette with the cabbage-beet-carrot mixture.
- Allow the slaw to stand for 20-30 minutes before serving, tossing regularly.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve.