Chocolate Paleo Snack Cake
- Category: Snack, Dessert
- 10 medjool dates, pitted (I buy mine in bulk at Costco)
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce (or one ripe banana)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- Place the medjool dates in a food processor and pulse until completely pureed.
- Add applesauce (or banana) and continue to pulse until pureed and combined with the dates.
- Add the fruit purée to the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs, vanilla, coconut oil and coffee and mix on low-medium speed until well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix on low-speed, scraping down the sides, until you have a smooth batter.
- Grease a 8×8 glass pan with coconut oil, pour in the batter and smooth it with the back of a spatula.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.