- 2 very ripe plantains
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- Peel the plantains
- cut them in half and then half again lengthwise
- Heat the coconut oil in a wide bottomed pan on medium-high heat for a minute or two
- Gently place the plantains in the pan and sauté on medium-low heat for about 8 minutes, being careful not to burn them.
- Turn the plantains over
- add the water and cover and simmer on low for another 8-10 minutes or until soft all the way through.
- Once the plantains have cooked down and the water has been absorbed, sprinkle with cinnamon on all sides. Serve warm.