Heirloom Tomato Salad with Garlic Scape and Kale Dressing
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 6-8
- Heirloom (or standard) tomatoes – approximately 1.5 – 2 pounds, sliced into chunks
- 1/2-1 English (burpless) cucumber, sliced
- 4 garlic scapes
- 2 large leaves of kale, tough spine removed and roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the prepared tomatoes and cucumber in a large serving dish and set aside.
- Cut the garlic scapes into a few large pieces and add them to a food processor along with the kale and pulse, then puree for a few minutes.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and continue to puree for a minute or two, scraping down the sides a couple of times to make sure everything is evenly pureed.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with tomatoes and cucumbers right before serving. (You may have some left-over dressing depending on how big your salad is and how much dressing you want on it.)