Homemade Nutella (Paleo & Vegan)
- 1 cup blanched hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar (you could try subbing maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- pinch of celtic sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Roast the hazelnuts in the oven for 10 minutes.
- If your hazelnuts were not already blanched, you will need to remove the skins. Once they come out of the oven you can take a damp cloth and remove the skins.
- Add the blanched hazelnuts to the bowl of food processor and pureé for a few minutes until creamy – you may have to scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple of times.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut nectar, cocoa, vanilla, coconut oil and salt and continue to process until smooth – scraping down the sides as needed.
- Store the homemade paleo nutella in the refrigerator.