- 12–20 pound brined turkey
- 1 stick pastured, unsalted butter
- 1 cup white wine
- one fresh orange, quartered
- kitchen twine
- roasting pan
- Thoroughly rinse the brined turkey.
- Dry the turkey with paper towels and place in a roasting pan.
- Place one quartered orange into the cavity.
- Tie the legs with twine (optional)
- Rub 1/2 stick of pastured butter under the skin of the breast and legs.
- Rub another 1/2 stick pastured butter on the outside of the turkey and allow to come to room temperature.
- Pour one cup of white wine in the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Place turkey into a preheated 450° F oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Baste turkey.
- Reduce heat to 350° F
- Place aluminum foil tent over turkey.
- Cook for approximately 10- 15 minutes per pound, basting every 30 minutes
- Remove foil tent during last hour and begin checking temperature.
- Remove turkey from the oven once the breast temperature reaches 160° and/or the thighs/legs reach 170° degrees.
- Allow to rest for up to one hour before carving and serving.
- Reserve drippings for gravy.