- 1 tablespoon fat (olive oil, coconut oil, ghee)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried sage (or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or one teaspoon chopped fresh garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper – omit for AIP
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) – omit for AIP
- 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- Combine the pork and all spices in a mixing bowl, mixing until it reaches an even consistency. Don’t over mix.
- Form pork mixture into patties (8-12 patties depending on how large you like them).
- Heat a skillet to medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil of choice.
- Cook the patties for approximately 3-4 minutes per side until browned and cooked through.
- Deglaze the pan at the very end by adding a little water to the hot pan