Seared Scallops with Strawberry Relish
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 6
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound of fresh scallops
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (ghee or butter)
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the scallops under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat for a few minutes. Add the olive oil (ghee or butter) and allow to heat for a few seconds. Carefully drop the scallops into the pan – leaving space between them.
- Sear for approximately 2 minutes on each side – You might need more or less time depending on size of your scallops. The scallops are done when they have a golden brown crust with a translucent center.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and set them aside.
- Top each scallop with a bit of the strawberry relish and finish with a chiffonade of arugula for the presentation.