Roasted Beet and Cucumber Salad with Yogurt Dressing
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 pound beets
- 1 English cucumber (large, approximately 16 inches)
- one small red onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- Cut the greens from the beets and reserve. (You could use them in this beet greens with garlic recipe!)
- Cut off the very top of each beet and clean them thoroughly. beets
- Wrap the beets in foil and roast at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Unwrap the beets and allow them to cool until warm but cool enough to handle. Remove the skin from the beets with your fingers or a paper towel. Slice the beets and cucumbers into uniform pieces. Slice the red onion and add to a medium-large bowl with the beets and cucumbers.
- For the yogurt dressing, combine the minced garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. (You can allow this to marinate for a while if you prefer.) Add the yogurt, dill and mint and stir until well-combined.
- Pour the garlic yogurt dressing onto the vegetables and stir gently.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Serves 6-8