- 1 cup whole wild rice (not quick-cooking or wild rice/rice blends)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 cups chicken stock (or use water to make this vegan)
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- celtic sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the wild rice.
- Sauté the chopped red onion in the olive oil on medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wild rice to the pan with the onions and cook together for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the 4 cups of chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for approximately 45 minutes.*
- When the rice is done, and has absorbed all the liquid, stir in the pistachios and cilantro and check the seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.