Many of us started a month of Strict Paleo eating (aka Whole30) recently. This recipe for Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus helped our family get through day one and we hope it will find its way into one of your meals soon. One thing is clear, following a paleo way of eating is not going to mean deprivation. Just look at our breakfast. I mean, really. This is good stuff.
Before getting to the recipe I wanted to mention G’s last post. In it, my husband wrote about his fall off the “paleo wagon”. In order to enter his giveaway he asked that readers include a comment on one of their New Year’s resolutions. It’s been really interesting reading the comments and I know many of you are excited, like we are, to start with a clean slate in the New Year. Several people noted their resistance to making “resolutions” feeling this could be a set-up for failure. Instead, there are lots of people who set “goals” which is probably a better way to look at it. No matter what time of year, it’s always a good idea to strive for health and wellness.
Here are some highlights of comments we’ve seen so far:
- Loss weight and/or add muscle
- Complete a month of strict paleo eating (Whole30) without cheating
- “Run an 8 minute mile”
- “To believe in myself”
- “Make our children healthier”
- Be able to “keep up with” kids and grandkids
- One random act of kindness once a week
- and many more…
I’m really glad G posed the question because we have enjoyed reading the responses very much. So thank you to all who have participated.
Now for the recipe for these tasty morsels!
The recipe for prosciutto-wrapped asparagus is very simple, fast and delicious. It is great for breakfast, brunch or as an appetizer or side dish. It fits in perfectly with your paleo way of eating and is Whole30 compliant. (Prosciutto should have only two ingredients: ham and salt. Don’t buy it if it has other junk in it.)
(Inspired by Eat, Drink Paleo Check out her site for beautiful photos and tantalizing recipes)
- 8 slices prosciutto (only ingredients should be ham and salt)
- 16 spears of fresh asparagus
- ghee or coconut oil for frying
- Wash and dry the asparagus spears and snap off the tough end.
- Cut the prosciutto in half lengthwise.
- Start at the bottom of the spear and wrap the prosciutto around the asparagus spear until you get to the top – it does not have to be completely covered.
- Heat some oil in a skillet and fry the asparagus on medium-high for about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately
Serves 2-4 (or maybe just one, you decide)Pin It